Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
We are looking for motivated tennis professionals to represent and deliver our fantastic Neilson Tennis programme across all our resorts. You’ll help to deliver a high standard of tennis tuition to our guests under the guidance of the Head Coach.
This will include varied abilities from complete beginners through to advanced match play specialists. We aim to deliver excellent coaching to both adults and children in a fun and safe environment across all of our European beach resorts.
Our tennis programme has been developed with the help of former world No. 80 Mark Petchey. As a former ex-GB Davis cup tennis player and Andy Murray’s former coach, he has brought a wealth of technical and tactical knowledge to continue to take our tennis programme to the next level.
Together, we’ve designed a programme that will enable guests of all levels to come away from their holiday, having gained plenty of additional confidence in their game.
Along with our new partnership with RPT Europe (Spanish Methodology in teaching tennis) headed up by founding member Adrian Rattenbury, we can provide our guests with the world’s most successful training methods to help improve their game.
Our Tennis Coordinator is also qualified through the RPT system completing the World Tour Course as Professional Tennis Director. So, with the support of Mark Petchey, our RPT World Tennis Professional Co-ordinator and also Adrian Rattenbury (Head of the RPT), we provide our staff with the best Tennis Coach education/training in the business, and this could easily set you on a path to working anywhere in the world!
Our Tennis Programme includes:
Private coaching 1-1, 1-2 or small groups of 3/4
If a guest would like to develop their skills further, they can book private sessions that can help to iron out any little kinks in their game. This is the best way to learn as they have the individual attention of the coach.
Premium tennis This option is for regular players who are looking for some intensive coaching. This session runs for two hours per day, over six days and is held in groups of up to eight.
Tennis for kids
Children as young as two years old can get an introduction to tennis within the children’s clubs. Our coaches host these sessions and include plenty of tennis-based games to keep the kids smiling.
Tennis weeks with Mark Petchey
Our guests can also hit a few balls with the man himself through joining up with our exclusive Mark Petchey tennis weeks.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service, leading by example
- Assist in the organising and running of a tennis programme that caters for all adult and children guests, incorporating group coaching, free play, social tennis, and private lessons
- Assist in the preparation, organisation and delivery of a weekly tennis tournament
- Promote the tennis programme and actively aim to increase participation
- Ensure health and safety is to the highest standard both on and off the courts
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations
- Ensure tennis supplies are well monitored and stocked, and inform the Head Tennis Coach promptly when orders are required
- Work as a team to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the tennis equipment each day
- Help with the setup and the pack down of the tennis centre and the resort either side of the season
- Train any new and peak season coaches with the knowledge and skills to deliver the tennis programme
- Help organise and host social events, provide briefings and positively interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- RPT Level 1/2, LTA Level 1/2 or Equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Experience coaching adults and children of all abilities
- Experience working as part of a team
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver a very high level of fun, engaging, safe and informative tennis sessions
- In-depth understanding of current tennis developments
- Detailed knowledge of the British playing system
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to lead, motivate and train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance