Job Role Summary:
Our Neilson Enhanced Watersports Instructor’s MUST be qualified Sailing and or windsurf instructors with two or more of the following additional qualifications to be successful.
- Powerboat instructor
- Multihull endorsement
- Race Coach
- Advanced Sailing instructor or intermediate Non Planing windsurf instructor
If you do not currently meet these requirements, please apply for the entry level Watersports Instructor position.
Ideally, we’re looking for full season instructors (usually from April through to November). We’ll consider candidates with shorter dates of availability, but operationally those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Working closely with your Beach Team, you’ll consistently deliver safe, fun, and engaging Dinghy Sailing or Windsurfing sessions for guests of all ages.
You’ll do this while always providing an excellent level of customer service whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first ever session or helping someone celebrate their skills. We expect our Beach Team to go above and beyond to make sure that these moments are memorable!
Although your skill-set is essential, with Neilson Active Holidays, it’s also about personality. We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our brilliant team.
People who can build rapport with ease and provide our guests with confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Deliver water sports instruction following the RYA syllabus and the Neilson programme
- Assist in the preparation, organisation, delivery and the running of activities for all guests both on and off the water
- Actively plan and prepare suitable sessions based on experience and ability for children taking part in our Hotshot club
- Ensure safety cover is of the highest standard from both the beach and safety boats
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are advised on the practical/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the beach, the beach racks and simulators always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To set up, pack up, and help all guests using our equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
- As the first point of guest contact, you’ll be confident to consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative and efficient airport transfers both to and from the resort
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor qualification including a Power Boat Level 2 certificate or equivalent
- Two of the following qualifications (Powerboat instructor, Multihull endorsement, Race Coach, Advanced Sailing instructor or intermediate Non Planing windsurf instructor)
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a water sports environment (Desirable)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Dinghy and/or Windsurfing tuition
- Skilled in safety and on water rescue practice
- Knowledge of current Sailing/Windsurfing industry (desirable)
- Ability to rig and de-rig dinghy and windsurf kit and assist guests with this on a daily basis
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated and committed
- Clean and tidy appearance