Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
You’ll be able to interact well with guests, other team members and locals alike, but you will also need to be motivated by a challenge and ready to deal with any problems, albeit at sea, back at base.
We’re always looking for experienced Day Skippers to join our team, but if you’re newly qualified, no problem! We’ll provide all the additional training required to run guest day sail adventures.
You’ll be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To take guests on full and half-day sails in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe sailing experience for guests of all abilities following the Neilson programme
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with Yacht Manager
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA Day Skipper or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- VHF license
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Mature approach and attitude to work
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance