Rockley are excited to be offering a brand new opportunity for a motivated, outgoing, experienced manager to take on the Centre Manager role at one of our French activity centres based in south west France. Based in the beautiful Landes region of France our centres are located on French campsites, on the edge of fresh water lakes.
The Centre Manager’s role is to maintain, manage and develop all aspects of a high quality outdoor activity centre, keeping the needs of the schools, groups and staff at the forefront of their minds.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Responsible to the Operations Manager - Role Overview:
- The Centre Manager is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all areas of the centre from first point of contact for clients on site to the onsite management of the trip, leading to happy, safe clients who want to return regularly.
- Liaising with teachers and group leaders both prior to and during their stay with Rockley.
- Providing professional leadership and guidence to the centre team.
- Working closely with the Activity Manager and senior team to operate all activities to the high standards set out by Rockley.
- The manager is expected to set the example in attitude to work, company equipment, personal presentation, relating to other staff and visitors. Liaising with key partners and the Operations Manager to keep a happy and sustainable working environment
- Work with the Activity Manager to ensure supervision of all shore and water activities.
- Ensuring activities are organised and run in line with company policies and statutory / accreditation requirements.
- Ensure that Rockley present themselves in the best possible light to visitors, club members and the local community. This will involve ensuring the centre and equipment, as well as events and initiatives, are of a standard to positively introduce Rockley to our potential audience.
Sales & Administration
- Ensure that all administrative duties are completed, including course programmes, staff management, accounts, bookings, reports, and weekly schedules
- Organising events in line with agreed marketing plan to introduce the venue to potential and existing visitors
- Advising clients on courses, holidays and any other aspects of Rockley that may be required.
- Deliver and maintain a quality service at all times
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to help develop and achieve best practice.
- Behave in professional manner at all times.
- Carry out any other duties required by the Company.
You will need to be hard working, motivated and friendly as well as having excellent customer service skills and the ability to be flexible and professional at all times with both customers and staff
- Prior management or leadership experience.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work successfully on multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Valid Passport
- Strong administration skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- A confident, outgoing personality.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience / qualifications in teaching outdoor activities eg. RYA Senior Instructor, RYA Dinghy Instructor, RYA Windsurf Instructor, RYA Powerboat Instructor, UKCC Level 1, MIAS Level 1.
- Experience in a senior or management role on an activity centre.
- A knowledge of the outdoor or watersports industry.
- Full UK drivers licence
- A knowledge of doing basic budgets and accounting.