Are you a commercially endorsed RYA Yachtmaster? Do you enjoy customer interaction, going above and beyond to create the best experience for your guests in a more 1-1 setting? Then this may just be the opportunity for you!
Here at Sunsail we’re looking for gregarious Skipper’s to take care of our guests needs in a really immersive sailing holiday experience in either Croatia, Greece or Mallorca. At times you may really be a part of a group’s holiday; dining with them and of course working and living side by side for the duration of their trip. It’s hard work but truly rewarding with the bonds you create both on board and in port, it’s a role that comes with both autonomy and teamwork!
- The successful and safe skippering of the guests and vessel throughout the holiday.
- High preparation, maintenance and presentation standards of the yacht before and during the charter, with a particular focus on safety equipment. You’ll also ensure your guests have a full on-board welcome briefing covering all aspects of safety and yacht systems.
- Greeting guests at the beginning of their trip, socialising with them throughout; ensuring they always feel welcomed, informed and relaxed in your company.
- Upon charter completion; conducting a de-brief on the yacht with the guests, ensure all paperwork is filled in, and transfers are organised and communicated.
In joining us you’d be welcomed into an established, well-known brand with destinations worldwide; ample opportunity to sail the seven seas! You’ll sail with guests varying from beginners looking to learn or relax to experienced competitive types who want to be challenged and continue to learn, offering you variety in your week to week coined with the routine and comfort of getting to know the same routes and ports over the course of the summer.
You will have;
- Safety at the forefront of your mind.
- Plenty to talk about, always happy to converse and an adaptable, conscientious and positive mindset.
- Basic yacht maintenance skills.
- Experience in a customer focused environment and the ability to think fast, particularly under pressure.
- A brain like a sponge – soaking up local knowledge wherever you go to pass onto your guests.
If this sounds like something you’re even vaguely interested in, we’d love to see an application from you 😊