For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7–17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and creative Activity Leaders for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August. Activity Leaders will plan, prepare and lead sports, drama and arts and crafts activities to groups of students each afternoon and play a key part in organising evening events. They will also participate in activities being led by other staff, assist on excursions and undertake pastoral duties.
With the following activities on offer to students, we welcome applications from prospective Activity Leaders with a range of skills, interests and experience:
- Team and individual sports including: football, tennis, cricket, archery, volleyball, badminton, basketball, hockey
- Art and Design
- Photography and film-making
- Performing Arts, Dance and Drama
- Pool Sports and Swimming
- Journalism, Creative Writing and British Literature
- Exam Skills, Presentations and Debates
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Keen interest in sports/drama/arts and crafts
- Experience organising/supervising/leading activities and events
- Ability to lead with confidence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Proficiency in time management
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers
- Residential experience
- Coaching experience
Salary and Benefits:
£363 per week plus £43.82 per week statutory annual leave payment
Accommodation and meals
Outstanding facilities and resources
Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.