Rockley are excited to be offering an opportunity for a motivated and outgoing individual to take on the Assistant Manager role at their Poole Park centre based in Poole.
Rockley Watersports is one of the leading providers of watersports training and school activity trips in the UK. With its main centre based in Hamworthy in Poole, Rockley has over 40 years’ experience in the Watersports industry. Rockley, Poole Park opened in 2007 and is now one of Rockley’s busiest centres welcoming up to 10,000 visitors across the season. We work with a fantastic team of individuals who are responsible for offering the highest quality watersports training and holidays for all our clients
The role of the Assistant Manager is to support the Centre Manager in a variety of administrative & customer service duties as well as other support roles around the centre. The Assistant Manager will also work closely with the Activity Manager to provide a fun and exciting program of activities for our client.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
Management of the Centre Team
- Provide high quality, organised customer service to all our clients.
- Maintain the standards outlined in the company’s standard and local operating procedures.
- Ensure the teams attitude to work, personal presentation, and customer service is in line with the company ethos.
- Liaise with the Centre Manager to ensure good management of the Centre team and provides a safe, well organised, motivated and happy environment for clients and team alike.
Safety of clients and our team onsite, during activities and excursions.
- Ensure clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
- Make sure staff are monitored and evaluated at regular intervals.
- Ensue staff undergo appropriate inductions, Centre orientation and training for their role including reading and understanding the accident, incident and fire procedure document.
- Ensure staff have undergone the appropriate induction, Centre orientation and training for their role including reading and understanding the SOP’s, LOPs’, accident, incident and fire procedure documents
- Responding to enquires & answering questions.
- Answering the phone and returning all messages left.
- Taking payments & bookings through our online system, Cinolla.
- Point of contact onshore.
- First Aid point of contact onshore.
- Welcoming of clients, signing in/out of guests & liaising with teachers alongside the Centre Manager.
- Certification, Course paperwork & general office administration.
Deputising for the Centre Manager
- Running the Centre in the absence of the Centre Manager as and where required.
- Supporting the hire team with the hiring out of equipment.
- Teaching a variety of activities on the water (qualification dependent)
- Providing on water Senior cover (qualification dependent)
- Current Enhanced DBS check (can be provided through Rockley)
- Full UK Driver’s License
- Personal level watersports qualifications.
- Experience working in a team & supervising a small team.
- Administration & customer service experience.
- Instructor qualifications in a range of activities. Eg. Sailing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, SUPing.
- RYA Senor Instructor Certificate.
*There may be a requirement to work additional days / hours on peak weeks.