Bartender at The Georgian House
Situated on the cobbled streets of St Anne on the idyllic island of Alderney, the Georgian House is a much-loved pub with four charming rooms, a restaurant, secluded garden and bar.
With its locally sourced food, well equipped bar and friendly and attentive staff, it’s a popular choice for both locals and holiday makers to eat, drink, socialise and enjoy some live music (with Alps bands a plenty).
The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with the Georgian House ethos.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Playing an active role behind the bar, and (with the support of Bar Manager) meet targets for wet sales.
- Delivering exceptional customer care service.
- Good product knowledge of food and beverages.
- Handling of cash and till management.
- Maintaining a clean bar area, changing barrels, maintaining taps and topping up fridges and shelves.
- Stock taking and assisting with wine deliveries.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- A confidence and willingness to work on the floor when necessary.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
- Meeting & greeting residents and customers.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Previous experience; 1-2 years at least
- Strong social and people skills with a cheerful and outgoing manner.
- Highly motivated and organised, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic.
- A good phone manner.
- An ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- An ability to cope under pressure and be fast and efficient.
- A general willingness to work hard.
- Are adaptable and have a flexible attitude.
- Excellent communication.
- Able to have fun!
- Permanent and part time positions available.
- Start date: September 2021
- Working week: 5 days per week with 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£35/weekly utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position or email email@example.com with your CV.
References on request.
Other positions are also available at The Moorings Alderney.