Rockley are looking to employ, experienced senior centre staff to perform the Centre Manger, Activity Manager and Senior Activity Instructor roles at our French activity centres. Our unique locations in the South West of France provide a fun and adventurous working environment.
As a senior member of staff you will be required to organise and oversee the running of a variety of sessions, as well as overseeing the running of the centre as a whole on a day to day basis. You will work with other members of the Centre Management Team to ensure management of the activity team provides a safe, well-organised, motivated and happy activity environment for clients and staff alike.
Our senior centre staff are experienced instructors with excellent communication skills, are conscientious and can show initiative. You will need to be a hardworking, motivated, and professional person and who will lead by example.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising all courses
- Perform the Senior Instructor role on the water, in the absence of the Activity Manager - teaching a variety of groups from varied backgrounds
- Providing a high level of customer service to all of our clients
- Coordinating evening entertainments for our clients
- Staff Training, Development and Inductions
- Provide advice and assistance to less experienced instructors both on and off the water
- Day Senior - one day a week you will act as day senior- meaning that you are the most senior person on duty for that day
As a Centre Manager we require you to have:
- Current RYA (or other accepted) First Aid and DBS certificates
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- You will need to be a motivated, flexible and professional person who will lead by example
- You should have experience in managing people of a variety of ages in a number of different roles
- You should be a good communicator, able to deliver information clearly too both individuals and to larger groups of clients and staff
- Good customer service skills are essential
The ability to speak French would be advantage but not a necessity.
As an Activity Manager or Senior Activity Instructor as minimum you will need to hold one of the following:
- RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Senior Windsurf Instructor
Ideally candidates will also hold one or more of the following:
- UKCC Level 1
- MIAS Level 1
- BSUP Level 1
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
You must hold a full UK driving licence
We require you to have previous experience working in the waterports industry.