EC English Language Centres
Helping students succeed in a global community
EC offers superior English language programmes in the top English-speaking destinations around the world, together with French in Montreal. Our world-class facilities and an outstanding team have allowed us to evolve into a globally recognized and trusted brand. Our vision is to maintain our growth while helping students from all over the world succeed in a global community.
EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and welcomes students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills.
High-energy, resourceful manager needed to run an English language summer program on a US University campus this summer. Great opportunity for management experience in a fun and rewarding summer camp environment. Must enjoy working with children and juggling multiple priorities in a large and successful summer program.
The Center Manager (CM) is responsible for the leadership of the Center’s operations including managing the Center staff, student discipline, student welfare and financials. In addition, that the day-to -day operations of the center runs smoothly while overseeing the running of the academic and activity programs. Successful CMs are expected to demonstrate effective communication and administrative skills, leadership potential, flexibility, strong organizational skills and the ability to be sensitive to the needs of international students.
This is a residential position (full board & dorm accommodation are included).
A flexible work approach towards the position with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ensure the delivery of customer satisfaction by providing high-quality academic and activities programs
- Ensure that the day-to-day operation of the Center runs smoothly, including overseeing the running of: the academic and activity programs, airport transfers and all aspects of student welfare and discipline
- Responsible for financial management and reporting of the Center including overseeing a budget, petty cash accounts, cash requests and filing weekly reports
- Responsible for weekly submission of Occupancy Reports and Meal Provision forms
- Lead and participate in regular meetings with Group Leaders
- Manage all aspects of student accommodations, including room allocations where applicable
- Ensure that high levels of student safety, discipline and welfare, policies and procedures are adhered to and maintained at all times
- Develop a positive working relationship with the university/school, stay up-to-date with Campus Information, ensuring their rules are adhered to
- Ensure that all staff receive adequate and proper orientation and training
- Review and approve all activity leader and teacher timesheets in line with the rotation schedule
- Ensure residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision and guardian duties, are undertaken by activity leaders who have on-site residential responsibilities
- Manage the weekly staff rotation schedule and conduct weekly staff meetings
- Liaise regularly with the Program Manager
- Carry out a 24-hour emergency on call rotation schedule along with the Activity Manager and Center Academic Manager
- Attend to a variety of problems and complaints and provide the appropriate and professional response and solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that all center signage and branding are clearly marked and up-to-date
Qualifications & Training:
- Experience successfully managing a summer school that operated efficiently and with a sound track record of excellent customer service and operations management
- Experience working with and leading a group of teenagers, for example in a camp environment
- Previous experience managing a residential facility
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and supervisory skills
- Ability to manage, lead and inspire a team of staff effectively to work together as part of a dynamic team in a varied and fast-paced role
- Experience and familiarity with rolling admissions & weekly intakes
- Proven excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of computers and Word and Excel programs
- Experience managing and working with budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid First Aid and/or CPR Certificate (Desirable)
- Lifeguard and/or other coaching qualification (Desirable)
Mandatory Manager Training/Date Information:
2022 ANTICIPATED *To Be Confirmed
CA Manager Training / CSUCI Manager Training / UCLA Manager Training - (in LA): June 6, 7 (move in 5th noon) – TBD
NYC LIU / St Francis Manager Training (in NYC): June 13, 14 (move in 12th noon)
MONTREAL Manager Training: June 22 and 23 (move in 21st noon)
Weekly trainings are held virtually (paid) for 1-2 hours a week online starting in April.