Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Vacancies available in Les Gets, La Plagne & Les Menuires, France
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Our Chalet Cooks are key to delivering delicious, high quality meals to all our guests, from our youngest to oldest! We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to exceed all guests culinary expectations. Ski Famille guests look forward to returning from a day on the slopes to a well presented homemade meal in a beautiful chalet; your skills, ability and attention to detail can make their holiday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident cook to demonstrate their experience and love of food to a wise age range of customers. You will be well presented, highly organised and comfortable working under your own initiative to manage a kitchen and ensure meals are cooked to a high standard. You will work with Resort Managers to source and order your supplies, being mindful to budgets and cost control at all times.
Our family chalets sleep between 12 and 30 guests and most kitchens are open plan, allowing you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests.
Chalet Cooks Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Cook and present all meals, (including children’s meals) afternoon cakes and canapes to a consistently high standard, understanding the age differences and culinary variations within our portfolio of guests and adapting to deal with dietary requirements when necessary
- Organise weekly orders and deliveries and carefully manage stock and costs
- Maintain a high standard of kitchen hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Assist the Chalet Hosts with cleaning, general chalet presentation and weekly chalet deep cleans
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and are always actively seeking out opportunities to make the holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in cooking 3 course wholesome meals to a ‘dinner party’ standard or professional catering experience
- Great self-motivation and well developed organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances and to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult and child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable and would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (mid-November until end April)
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS checks as well as taking up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by sending your C.V a covering letter & a 7 day menu plan for the following options firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meal plans should include:
- A hot breakfast option
- Afternoon tea
- Children’s hot lunch
- Three course evening meal plus canapes. Please also include vegetarian options for each meal.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles