Geeski is a family run business providing catered chalet holidays in Samoëns, St Gervais and Morzine. Our chalet teams will work together to provide a hassle-free experience. A memorable holiday starts by our team members creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
We pay a very competitive wage for all team members and with this we expect high levels of customer service, adaptability and the willingness to go the extra mile. Communication and teamwork are essential to ensure smooth operation of our chalets to the highest standard we as Geeski expect.
We are looking for 2 people either a couple or friends, to run our 5 bedroom chalet, White Diamond in St Gervais. You will be given the responsibility of managing the day to day running of the chalet with support from the management team in Samoëns.
As a team your day would include the following:
- Arrive at the chalet with enough time to prepare and serve breakfast.
- Drop guests to the lifts.
- Daily clean of the chalet.
- Make a cake for afternoon tea.
- Prepare for the 4-course evening meal and canapes.
- By 11:30 you should be free to enjoy time on the slopes.
- Drop guests back to the chalet after their day skiing.
- 18:00 return to the chalet for evening service (may be slightly earlier if kids meals are required).
Change-over days will vary from the schedule above and are likely to be a full day’s work preparing for the new guests to arrive. In all resorts changeover days are usually on Sunday.
It is up to you how you divide the responsibilities however the main day to day tasks are outlined below.
- Prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes 6 days a week.
- Make a 4-course evening meal 6 days a week, set menus will be provided.
- Deep clean the kitchen once a week on changeover day.
- Daily clean of the chalet, including bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas.
- Set tables for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meals.
- Assist chef in serving and clearing meals.
In addition to the above you will need to:
- Provide daily in-resort transfers between the chalet and lifts.
- Snow clear the outdoor areas of the chalet when necessary.
- Maintain the hot tub and spa area.
- Be in charge of stock budgeting and shopping for the chalet.
What We Provide
- A very competitive wage for the industry.
- Full area season pass. You will receive half of the cost of the lift pass in your first pay cheque and the second half in your final pay cheque.
- Uniform including polo shirts, jacket, jumper and apron.
There will be a 2-week period at the start of December to meet the rest of the team and training in areas such as the presentation of the chalet and food. You will need to be available from the 28th November - 30th April.
How to Apply
If you would like to experience a season in the mountains combining hospitality with plenty of time on the slopes this is the perfect opportunity for you.
If you are interested or have any queries about a role, please email Geeski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently only accepting applications from couples who are eligable to work in the EU.
- Your name.
- Your CV.
- Why you would like to work with Geeski for the 2021/22 winter season.