Want to experience somewhere new and exciting away from the Alps?
We are looking for 4 chalet couples to run our independent catered chalets in Bansko, Bulgaria this winter season. Our chalets sleep a maximum of 14 to 20 people.
Bansko was recently voted the best value ski resort in Europe and with flights costing as little as £80 return to Sofia. In resort prices are much lower than other European resorts, with a 2 course meal including wine costing less than £15. A beer or hot chocolate on the slopes is less than £2.50.
Unlike purpose built ski resorts Bansko is a charming town with plenty of history. The town and the mountain are World Heritage Sites, protected by UNESCO. Bansko has the best snow record in Bulgaria and the winter season runs from Mid-December to Mid-April. With north facing slopes and 80% snow making coverage, Bansko attracts skiers and snowboarders of all abilities.
We are looking for couples who are customer focused, hard working, have lots of energy, enjoy meeting a diverse range of people and have a good sense of humour. Our positions would suit those who are self-directed and happy to take on any task to ensure our customers have a brilliant time.
If you can cook healthy and wholesome food to a high standard for large groups of people, cater for special dietary requirements if and when needed, be mature whilst not taking yourself too seriously and above all, be willing to go the extra mile in the name of customer service, then we want to hear from you!
Start/Finish:Early December 2017 - Mid April 2018.
We are the largest independent chalet company in Bansko and we are dedicated to our staff and our guests alike. We hope that in providing for our staff first, this in turn will provide our clients with exceptional service. We are passionate about providing a great holiday experience and exceptional service so that our guests have the perfect skiing holiday and want to return year after year.
Working for us:
We are looking for chalet couples who are customer focused, hard working, have lots of energy, enjoy meeting a diverse range of people and have a good sense of humour.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of customer service and catering in the chalet. This will also include managing the budget control, being active on our Social Media, arranging hire and lessons, creating a warm and welcoming environment and preparing and serving breakfast and evening meals for the guests 6 days a week.
- Organise and deliver an informative welcome speech, ensuring that all sales for ski packs and après ski activities are maximized to achieve and wherever possible exceed targets set
- Represent Total Chalets at the ski rental shop assisting our guests with ski fit on their arrival
- Collection and distribution of pre-ordered ski passes
- Follow an agreed upon weekly menu (catering for different dietary needs) and cook and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner on 6 days
- Manage stock levels, food rotation, shopping lists and weekly budget
- Responsible for managing transfer of guests to and from gondola/slopes
- Manage an external cleaner on changeover day and check standards- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness (both personal and the chalet itself)
- Basic chalet cleaning and DIY maintenance day to day
- Build a rapport with the guests and positively add to their overall holiday experience
- Publish weekly photos to for marketing purposes on our social media platforms – food served, the snow, chalet photos etc
Our package and benefits
We are a small and personal company to work for who are on hand to help and support 24/7 from in Resort Manager.
- Fantastic private accommodation within easy walking distance of the chalet
- Bansko season ski pass (or money equivalent if you prefer)
- Competitive salary paid either into UK bank account or in local currency in resort
- Mountain emergency insurance
- Free board/ski hire and storage for the season
- Travel to and from resort (UK to BG flights and transfers between Sofia and Bansko)
- Breakfast and dinner supplied 6 days a week
- Free use of sauna, steam and pool at nearby hotel
- Staff mobile phone with local SIM (one per chalet)
- Bonus scheme based on achievements and reviews
- Company uniform (t-shirts and hoodies)
- Commissions on in-resort activity sales
- Discounts at some of the local bars/clubs
- Our staff typically live off the tips and commissions and save up their salary
You will have 2 weeks training in all aspects of the Chalet including practice meals, budget keeping and minibus driving training. This will include some fun excursions and days out to get used to the local language, shops and bars and to build friendships within the Total Chalets team.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are looking for a season in the mountains.
Applicants must hold an EU passport and a valid driving license. For more information please apply online now.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Laura and Jay