Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Our teams are based in Val Thorens, Les Menuires (3 Valleys) Les Gets, La Plagne, Tignes & Val d'Isère, France.
We accept applications from both UK and EU passport holders. (Please see below for what you need to send in to apply)
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
As a Chalet Host you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day; your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment. All our properties have a chef who is overall responsible for the food delivery, however, you will be expected to play a key part in assisting them. If you are a budding cook, but not yet able to take full responsibility of a kitchen this role provides the ideal opportunity to develop your cooking skills.
We are looking for well presented, dedicated individuals with experience in hospitality (ideally food preparation) and customer service. You will have a well-developed eye for detail and enjoy interacting with your guests. Formal qualifications or previous experience working overseas are not required; energy, enthusiasm and the ability to learn and work as part of a team are essential.
Chalet Host Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Create a ‘restaurant feel’ in your chalet & professionally serve meals, canapes and drinks to your guests
- Assist the Chalet Chef with preparation of meals and food deliveries
- Carry out daily housekeeping duties including cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms and communal guest areas
- Carry out a weekly deep clean of the chalet on guest changeover days
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities to make their holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in Hospitality, cleaning & housekeeping skills are essential
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible & enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November until end April)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteriaFind your dream ski job in the Alps with Ski Famille
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" below. Send us your C.V, a covering letter & 2 minute video which tells us
1. About a time you excelled in customer service whether in a previous job or in a life experience situtaion
2. About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles. We accept applications from both UK and EU passport holders.