Are You A Born Entertainer and a Food Loving People Person..?
We hope so. As becoming one of our hand-selected Chalet Hosts, you are an Ambassador for Powder White and generally seen as the make or break of any guests' holiday. So if you love food and love getting to know people then you've already stepped in the right direction towards becoming a Chalet Host with us.
We are looking for candidates with a really strong work ethic who share our passion for providing incredible home from home experiences. We need people who are prepared to go that extra mile to not only meet our and our guests' high expectations but to exceed these with real pride. If you truly believe you have what it takes then we would love to hear from you...
So what does the role involve?
Variety! You will be required to manage every aspect of running your very own hand-picked chalet for the season. It is often hard work and the hours are long but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
- Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 4 course evening meals (with canapés) on 6 nights a week.
- Undertake daily housekeeping of the entire chalet, weekly changeover and regular deep cleans.
- Shopping on a weekly basis using cash. You will be responsible for staying within an allowance figure allocated, accounting for all expenditure.
- Providing guests with the Powder White Product as marketed and sold and as trained on.
- Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene.
- Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests to include booking restaurants or helping arrange ski packs as well as seamless entertaining whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
- Attend both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Assistant Resort Manager.
- Snow clearing in and around your chalet
- Selling Ski packs (ski hire & passes) as well as PW Extras by obtaining payments and details of credit/debit cards.
- Demonstrate extreme pride in undertaking the work you do for a company that wants you to succeed.
And what experience & qualities do you need?
- A great love of food and passion for cooking to a good dinner party standard with either commercial experience or having undertaken at least a 2 week cookery course. (Sadly, without this experience we’re not able to employ anyone without seeing strong prolonged, relevant, practical experience).
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a front line customer service role
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
- Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- And last, but by no means least, a great sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- Use of a smartphone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/callcharges.)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
The above will help you prepare for your interview with Powder White. In the mean time, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the recruitment on 020 8877 8881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck and see you soon.