Chalet Host Positions Available!
We are looking for Chalet Hosts to join the Mountain Utopia team for the 2017/18 winter season. We are looking for couples, pairs of friends or individuals who are happy to share the role and accommodation.
We have two couples roles with one couples role would be working with a head chef in our luxury chalet and be assisiting in meal prep in the evenings. Our other couples role is for our second property where you would be sharing the cooking and have more control over menu design.
We believe Chalet Hosts play the most important role in our company. We cannot overstate the impact our Chalet Hosts have on the success of our business - and the experience of our guests.
You who will be creating a 'home from home' for our guests, ensuring their holiday with us is both enjoyable and memorable.
As a Mountain Utopia Chalet Host you will be joining a company twice shortlisted in the Daily Telegraph's World Snow Awards (Best UK Chalet Company) in our two neighbouring catered chalets (both averaging a 5* rating on Trip Advisor) and 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
The most essential duties of the role are: providing excellent hospitality and dining experiences, daily in-resort shuttles, and daily chalet cleaning.
· A valid British/EU passport and National Insurance Number
· Full Clean Driving Licence
· Passion for cooking and learning new skills
· Confidence to work directly with clients within a team environment
. Previous hospitality and/or cooking experience
. Driving experience (you will be responsible for daily slope shuttles in snowy conditions, so confidence is a must)
What we offer:
. Competitive salary
. Comfortable staff accommodation in brand new 2 bedroom apartment (inclusive of bills)
. 10 day in house chalet Host Training Course including: Catering, Winter Driving, Cleaning, Hot Tub Hygiene Certificate and Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
. Ski season pass
. Free equipment hire
. Free ski/snowboarding lessons
. Seasonal insurance including snow sports cover
. Travel to/from UK
. Staff uniform, meals and the use of company vehicles off duty
. Opportunity to gain, enhance and expert your skills throughout the season
. One full day off a week
. Plenty of free time to enjoy the slopes
. Company outings, staff entertainment and other staff perks
You will be expected to:
· prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and a three course evening meal with cheese board on six days a week
. provide daily in resort shuttles for Mountain Utopia’s clients
· be hospitable, accommodating and friendly hosts to our guests
· keep the chalet clean and tidy carrying out daily bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and communal area clean and weekly full chalet changeover
· keep a clean, organised, safe and hygienic kitchen at all times
· maintain a presentable appearance
· complete our daily worksheets - hot tub checks, fridge/freezer temperature sheets and stock lists
· carry out other duties as requested including helping in our other properties, budgeting, shopping, social media marketing and laundry.
If you are interested in working with us at Mountain Utopia, please click on the "Apply Now" button and send us an up to date CV, covering letter and 6 day menu plan of dishes you can confidently cook for 12/14 guests.
Imagine everything is taken care of. Imagine your Mountain Utopia.