Who are The Alpine Generation?
The Alpine Generation team know what it’s like to host a chalet and spend a winter season in the Alps. Between us we’ve worked for, and stayed with, many of the large tour operators and the independent chalet companies. We recognise the crucial role that our hosts play in making sure our guests want to return to us year after year. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive atmosphere for our staff, offering hands on assistance and guidance where it's needed.
About our Chalet Hosts:
Across our portfolio of properties in Morzine, Courchevel Le Praz, La Tania and La Plagne, our chalet hosts are largely responsible for providing our guests with a great catering experience, a clean and comfortable chalet and a wealth of knowledge about the resort.
In particular we are keen to hear from mature, enthusiastic people who have a positive outlook, a passion for creating delicious food, fantastic attention to detail, and a proven ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
We have various chalet hosting positions available across our different resorts, and successful candidates will be placed in accordance with strengths and suitability. We have many individual positions available, plus some opportunities for couples and pairs. Some chalets and resorts also offer the opportunity to take on either a more defined catering role, or a role with a larger focus on housekeeping.
- A passion and enthusiasm for cooking – Our chalet hosts provide our guests with delicious breakfasts, cakes and dinners. We are looking for a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, a background in catering or cooking, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course. All of our team are required to have competency in the kitchen; those in a housekeeping/service focused role may be required to help in the kitchen or produce children’s dinners.
- A keen interest in people – You will have daily interaction with our guests and play a huge part in making our guests’ holiday a great one. We are looking for applicants with a sociable personality who will enjoy getting to know new guests every week.
- Flexibility – All of our team are required to have a high degree of flexibility. You will work as part of a larger team in resort and may not be assigned to one property for the duration of the season. Couples and pairs may at times be required to work apart, and all team members are will have flexibility in their duties.
- High performance standards and attention to detail - You should be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards, whether it be cleaning, food preparation, chalet administration or guest interaction.
- Excellent organisational skills - Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively and work efficiently.
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina - The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!)
- A love of skiing or boarding!
Who can Apply?
Applications are open to EU Passport holders and those with the right to live and work in France (e.g. carte de sejour).
Applications from UK passport holders will be considered from candiates with previous chalet hosting experience or where exceptional and relevant experience is evident. UK passport holders will require a work permit and visa.
How to Apply:
If you think you’ve got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, please apply now with a copy of your CV, covering letter and a 2-day menu plan! Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.