Fantastic opportunity for a Manager aged 25+ to manage a chalet in the French Alps this winter.
The Manager’s role will suit someone who has some experience of staff oversite and/or general management and is keen to utilise those skills within a new and exciting environment.
Chalet Val D’Abondance is a privately-owned chalet just outside Chatel in the heart of the Portes du Soleil. The chalet can take up to 45 guests. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a private chalet that prides itself in offering a high standard of comfort and service to its owners and their guests who holiday together in a friendly club-like atmosphere.
The Manager’s Role:
The Manager to look after day to day running and upkeep of the chalet, together with responsibility for budget and liaison with outside agencies.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing other vacation properties or within the hotel sector
- Proven organisational skills
- Excellent budget management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and show initiative when required
- Computer literate particularly in Excel
- Proficient in the English language – both oral and written
- Valid European Driving License
- We require applications from EU passport holders (including dual nationality passport holders); those with French residency and those already in possession of a valid French work permit/working holiday visa.
- Please supply current CVs with application
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage chalet operations
- Purchase stock for efficient chalet operation and liaise with suppliers
- Ensure communal areas are clean
- Ensure rooms are cleaned in preparation for change overs.
- Liaise with the chalet’s management committee re bookings and room allocation
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with local suppliers
- Manage the day-to-day financial side of the chalet operation
- Interacting with the English financial director around budgetary requirements
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation in shared local apartment with our other members of staff
- Meals with guests
- Use of staff car
- Employer’s liability insurance
- Return flight from European airport to Geneva (if required)
- Transfers to/from Geneva Airport at beginning and end of season (if required)
- Share of tips
- Plus, a discretional bonus opportunity at the end of the season