Join us for the 2023 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
At Chateau du Molay, our main clientele is school and youth groups from the UK and France. Day to day, they may go out on excursions to explore the local area, but a big part of their stay will be focused on an activities programme run at the Chateau.
As an Operations Activities Assistant, you will lead our groups through a whole variety of indoor and outdoor activities. These include everything from disco, karaoke and quiz nights in the evening, to teambuilding exercises and sensory trails during the day.
This is a really fun job role giving you the chance to work with our school guests, but it comes with great responsibility too! You’ll be responsible for the health and safety of our guests during their activities and ensure equipment is maintained and stored away safely.
When the activity programme is not running, you will support with all General Assistant duties – this includes housekeeping and cleaning duties in guest bedrooms and communal areas as well as serving in the restaurant at mealtimes.
This is a really varied role giving you the opportunity to be involved in multiple areas of the Chateau!
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience working with children is essential
- Previous experience as an Activity Instructor or similar is a bonus!
- Previous experience in cleaning or housekeeping is a bonus!
- An outgoing and vibrant personality – happy to be silly with kids of all ages when required
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Work well individually in sessions or as part of the team
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) at an additional charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Job training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2023 to July 2023 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2023!)
- You must be 18 or over by March 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, EU work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
We look forward to receiving your application!