We are a specialist educational travel company. Our customers are pre-health students who join our two- week summer programs in the Dominican Republic to combine experience in hospitals with the adventure of travel.
We’re based in the UK, and have recently set up our first US office in Colorado to reach American students more easily and provide them with a service that’s really tailored to them.
We’re looking someone to join our team as a Housekeeper/Caterer responsible for the Housekeeping and Food in our student guesthouse in the Dominican Republic. You will work to ensure that all of the guests have a superb experience living in our guesthouse, typical duties will include:
- Provide breakfast, light lunch, snacks and dinner six days per week. You will create the set menu plan yourself and all the food we provide should be varied, high quality with a strong local (Caribbean) influence.
- Ensure the guesthouse is kept clean and tidy and that health and hygiene standards are met throughout the season, cleaning all rooms and public areas on a daily basis and carrying out a deep clean at the start, middle and end of the season.
- Ensure the guesthouse is a welcoming, friendly and impressive home-from-home for our guests. Whether that be fresh flowers in the living room or fresh juice waiting when they return home from the day, you’ll need to also deliver the little touches that will give our guests an exceptional hospitality service.
We would like to stress that is not an exhaustive list and as a senior member of the team, you will be expected to get stuck in with whatever needs doing in order to ensure the guesthouse is running smoothly.
The role is seasonal to begin with and you must be available to be in the Dominican Republic from 15thApril 2020 to 15thSeptember 2020.
As there will be up 40 students living in the guesthouse and we expect very high standards, there will be a lot to do. You will therefore be assisted by an additional full-time Housekeeper and Caterer to help with the volume of work.
You may have previously worked as a Chalet Host, running your own Chalet to a very high standard.
You must be an energetic, motivated person with a flexible, hands-on approach.
Previous cooking and/or housekeeping experience is preferred, though we would like to stress we’re not looking for an experienced Chef with formal qualifications; rather a home cook with a natural flair for cooking. An ability to demonstrate an understanding of UK Food Hygiene policies is preferred, although training will be provided.
You will be part of the operational team in the Dominican Republic meaning you should be happy and willing to be involved in the program as a whole. To do this, you’ll need to be sociable and confident with excellent customer service skills.
Our guesthouse operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While you’re not expected to work all of those hours, as a senior member of the team it’s very hard for us to define your exact shifts. On average, you’ll get 2 days off per week and will often work split shifts with time of during the day whilst our guests are completing their placement in the hospitals.
Pay & Benefits
- Return flights to the Dominican Republic;
- Fully catered accommodation in Casa de Campo, La Romana;
- Competitive salary;
- Travel and health insurance;
Please send your C.V/Resume and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and why you’d like to be considered for the role email@example.com
We will be processing applications on a rolling basis so our advice is to submit your application as soon as possible.