To run and oversee the children’s club operation in resort ensuring the children are cared for in a safe environment and an exciting and stimulating programme of activities are provided to all age groups.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “Nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Organise and run the Explorers club programme for children aged 4 months upwards.
- Lead, oversee, train and mentor the kids club team.
- Liaise with other Scott Dunn teams (resort and office based)
- Ensure and maintain excellent safeguarding practices.
- Work closely with the hotel and local suppliers.
- Have a flexible approach to the role and be prepared to step in where necessary.
- Provide a safe, hygienic, and stimulating environment for all children.
- Work alongside team members helping to develop individual skills and confidence.
- Ensure healthy good quality snacks and lunch are provided.
- Make certain that the cleanliness of the club is of extremely high standard.
- Guarantee that all policies and procedures are implemented to guarantee an efficient operation and expected standards.
- Coordinate, organise and implement a range of activities.
- Work in ratio if required.
- Communicate with parents at the end of the day and throughout their holiday regarding their child’s wellbeing.
- Ensure all records and forms are completed correctly and on time.
- Report any Health and Safety concerns.
- Organise team logistics.
- Mentor and support the kids club team.
- Plan and run the day to day running and operation of the children’s club.
- Work closely with the Resort Manager in your resort ensuring clear communication.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures and requirements are followed, understood, and respected at all times.
- Supervise, lead, and support the kids club team throughout the season.
- Organise and provide further training and guidance to a team member if required.
- Schedule and run team meetings on a weekly basis giving regular feedback and providing a platform to share thoughts, ideas, and any potential concerns.
- Organise and hold individual 1:1 meetings monthly.
- Attend regular managers’ & team leader meetings.
- Travel to and work in different resorts if required depending on business needs.
- Ensure effective communication with the parents and children throughout their stay.
- Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
Abilities and Expectations:
- Leadership skills – ability to lead a well-motivated childcare team
- Love and ability to work with children aged between 4 months upwards
- Have an outstanding eye for detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Professional and can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent numeric, administrative, and organisational skills
- Outgoing and fun
- Strong swimmer and happy to take children in the water
- Team player
- Excellent understanding of good safeguarding practice
- Flexible approach to work
Essential Experience and Key Competencies:
- EU Passport Holder or have the right to work in France. UK passport holders must already have a Carte De Séjour (required)
- Experience of working in a childcare role (required)
- CACHE level three qualified or equivalent recognised and accredited childcare qualification (required)
- Fluency in French (desirable)
- Full UK/EU Driving License (desirable)
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification (desirable)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable)
- Available for the whole season (December until end of April)
- Previous background in similar Childcare Manager roles (desirable)
Package and Benefits:
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, we offer a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:
- A competitive salary
- Return travel at start and end of contract from a European country
- Comprehensive training course
Please note that you will be required to hold a current criminal background check / disclosure and barring service check.