For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7–17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Course Assistants for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August. Course Assistants assist in all areas the Young Learner programme. Duties involve course administration and supporting staff in the delivery of the academic, activity and pastoral programmes.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Administrative/office skills
- IT literate including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Proficiency in time management
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers
- Interest in education or sports, drama, arts and crafts etc.
- Residential experience
- Previous experience in a pastoral setting
Salary and Benefits:
£320 per week plus £38.63 per week statutory annual leave payment
Accommodation and meals
Outstanding facilities and resources
Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment