The Peligoni Crèche is designed to be a safe haven where parents can leave their little ones in the care of our fully-qualified childcare team whilst they relax and enjoy the club. Our crèche is located on-site in a secure walled off section with a large grassy area for children to play safely.
For slightly older children, we offer a varied and engaging programme of activities in partnership with children’s entertainers, Sharky & George. We are looking for an experienced Crèche Manager to lead a team of childcare professionals to ensure that our younger guests are always entertained and cared for.
Childcare at Peligoni
Our crèche is open 7 days per week and cares for children from 4 months to 3 years. The crèche provides a calm and comforting environment for little ones with soft play as well as more stimulating toys, games and activities for toddlers. Our aim is to ensure that children have the opportunity to play with others their own age with appropriate activities but to also provide the flexibility to allow children to hang out with older siblings if they are more comfortable with this.
Children aged 4 or 5, or our ‘Rugrats’, are encouraged to join our daily programme of activities. Typically this will involve up to 3 activities each day which will take place in the crèche and in different areas of the club and children can join in as and when they want to.
Sharky & George join us in May half term and the high season months of July and August. Their high-energy and engaging approach makes for a great addition for children aged 5-11 years. Where appropriate our younger guests may join in with some of their activities and the Sharky & George team will also come into the crèche once or twice a week to host some family events.
In addition to fun-packed days, evening care and activities are also offered on selected evenings during both low and high season, as well as babysitting.
Who we are looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced childcare manager who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and that shares our commitment to providing a happy, safe and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
The role will involve leading a small team of childcare professionals, curating a programme of activities that are interesting, educational, stimulating and fun for all age groups and ensuring effective communication with parents and carers.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment for our young guests
- Train, manage and motivate a small team of childcare professionals
- Plan a stimulating programme of activities for our young guests, including our ‘Rugrats’ group
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure daily cleaning and regular deep clean of the crèche
- Report any maintenance issues within the crèche in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Respond to any emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Host evening activities
- Provide support to the Sharky & George team where necessary
- Manage all babysitting requirements
- Work within ratio as and when required
- Prepare healthy and nutritious snacks for children
- Work with the kitchen team to provide a balanced lunch and supper for children, daily
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar setting
- Proven experience working with babies and young children
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- DBS Certificate
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- UK/EU Passport holder and/or valid visa
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable