Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in St. Gervais/Le Fayet, situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments.
- Work closely with the Head Chef and Second Chef to help prepare and deliver wholesome high-quality meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal). Children’s suppers provided as necessary during peak weeks. Meals are served 7 days a week and are based on English menus.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of all kitchen and storage areas, washing of all kitchen equipment for the chefs and crockery and utensils for the restaurant, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Work well within the kitchen team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required, which may include housekeeping, bar, restaurant and driving (if cleared to drive).
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel from/to UK and resort (UK staff only)
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance, if applicable
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!