Our Hotel managers are responsible for the day-to-day management of the hotel and its staff. Responsible for the organising, planning and directing all aspects of the hotel services; including front of house, catering and housekeeping. Performance managing your team will ensure you get the best out of every single team member and ensure their happiness in their role. Set and maintain standards for uniform and professionalism.
To exceed our guests’ expectations, our hotel managers must have good attention to detail, setting a great example to our staff so they will too deliver a high standard of service.
Whilst taking a strategic view towards the hotel operation, we require our hotel managers to have commercial awareness, be accountable for budgeting and finance. Identify new initiatives and plan ahead to maximise profits.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Hotels guests expectations are exceeded at all times
- Ensure all customer complaints are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Meet set targets for First Impression feedback for cleanliness, food and comfort
- Provide an approachable welcoming atmosphere within your Hotel, between staff and guests
- Ensure the Hotel is running smoothly and efficiently in all areas- i.e kitchen, restaurant, housekeeping & bar.
- Completing weekly Hotel accounts and administrative tasks including staff rota’s, risk assessments, fire / health & safety and HCCAP paperwork. Set deadlines using this information to ensure all budgets, sales and customer satisfaction targets are met.
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- Performance manage your team using a variety of techniques, ensuring your team are happy and confident in their role.
- General team welfare
- Liaising with your Heads of Department and Area Manager to ensure you implement a succession plan for all staff to match their individual needs and the needs of the business
- Putting into place a safe and secure cash handling process that all staff can understand, follow and record
- To identify, implement, market and monitor incremental sales in the Hotel to meet set sales targets.
What we are looking for –
- Outgoing and enthusiastic people.
- Motivated to achieve and encourage others to do the same.
- The ability to manage workload by themselves and delegate to the team where appropriate.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead.
- Experience handling complaints, ability to think outside the box to resolve issues.
- Previous experience managing team members at a supervisory or management level.
Advantageous if you have:
- Experience of dealing with disciplinary process and/or training & mentoring.
- Conversational French.
Salary and package benefits
Accommodation, Insurance, uniform, local lift pass and standard equipment hire (snowboard and boots or skis and boots), some meals provided.