Mountain Spaces is an independent company based in the beautiful resort of Morzine in the French Alps. We are looking for a Chalet host couple to run one of our catered chalets in Morzine for this winter season with immediate start.
What we are looking for...
Outgoing and friendly couples who have a real passion for cooking and entertaining people. The right candidates will be happy to work hard to play hard. You will need to be motivated, always striving to achieve high standards, highly organised and with an eye for detail.
You will be responsible for cooking, the day to day running of the chalet and hosting for our guests, making them feel relaxed, welcome and excited about their holiday providing a high standard of service that organisation and attention to detail makes look effortless.
So if you love food, the mountains and getting to know people then this is role for you.
What does the role involve..?
The two of you will be required to run your own chalet for the season. From the moment the guests arrive you will need to make them feel at home, relaxed and create a memorable holiday for them.
Here are a few of your responsibilities:
- Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts, afternoon cakes and beautifully prepared and presented 4 course evening meals on 6 nights a week.
- An eye for detail is key. Weekly changeovers can be hard work and as well as the cleaning the chalet from top to bottom your presentation must be spot on.
- Daily housekeeping
- Assisting guests throughout their stay from changes to ski hire to booking restaurants to a friendly chat and advice about the local ski area.
- Daily snow clearing from around your chalet
- Shopping on a weekly basis
What are we looking for in you..?
- A fantastic love of food and passion for cooking to a high standard with experience.
- As a couple being able to work together with a well balanced routine of your day to day tasks.
- An eye for detail is an absolute must. We have a very high standard to maintain for our guests.
- You must both be well motivated with the ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Face to face customer service is essential. Ideally catering related, bars, restaurants etc..
- Outgoing and personable with a great sense of humour who can remain calm and polite even under pressure.
- We love people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- A couple that have a passion for the mountains
- To be flexible and have an appreciation of how a small business works.
- Full clean EU driving licence
- EU passport / right to work in the UK with UK bank account and National Insurance No.
- Over the age of 23
What we give you back..
- Competitive Salary
- Return transport to and from Morzine (from London UK)
- Live out accommodation
- Full area season lift pass
- Free ski/snowboard hire equipment
- comprehensive training
- Food and drink
- Away days to other resorts, staff day's out
- One day off a week
- Mobile phone
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Mountain Spaces team, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CVs, recent picture, 6 day menu plan and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work with us to email@example.com