We believe that barefoot luxury is better shared with all ages, not just limited to “grown ups”. Our exceptional team and partners host activities for kids and teens who are grouped by school years instead of ages so they can make friends and enjoy age-relevant activities. Ultimately at Peligoni our focus is to inspire our young guests to be all they can be and to make the most of their holiday.
Over the last five years we have worked with Sharky & George, London’s coolest children’s entertainers, to curate an enchanting programme for little holidaymakers at Peligoni. Like us, they believe in the power of old-school play. This means getting outdoors, using your imagination and finding the fun in absolutely everything.
We are looking for two extremely energetic and enthusiastic individuals to work alongside Sharky & Georges’ fabulous team.
Sharky & George X Peligoni
Sharky & George join us in May half term and the high season months of July and August and are a fantastic addition for children aged 5-11 years.
High energy and adventure is the order of the day. From the sea to the clubhouse, every part of Peligoni is a source of inspiration for a week of fun, fun and more fun. Children are split into three groups, the Spartans (9-11yrs), Olympians (7-9yrs) and the Trojans (5-7yrs). A typical day will involve a range of engaging activities - some focusing on just one group and some catering for two or all of them.
This is not a kids club - children can opt to join just one or all of the daily activities and parents will collect them at the designated meeting point after each session. In the evenings we host two party nights a week which include a special Peligoni talent show and a disco in the den.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for two inspiring, energetic and creative people who love working with children and are not afraid of being a bit silly… most of the time! They must be caring and able to instil confidence in those who are perhaps a little nervous and need subtle encouragement to join in and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment. In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Work alongside the Sharky & George team to develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Deliver a variety of activities each week, as per the Sharky & George programme
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of equipment
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Assist with kids tea where required
- Host evening activities
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven experience working with children aged 5-11
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Strong swimmer
- Available for the peak season (July & August)
- EU Passport Holder