Details of Position
Founded in 1572 under a Royal Charter granted by Queen Elizabeth I, and with over 400 years of history, Harrow School has been synonymous with wealth & privilege for centuries - it is indeed one of the most prestigious boarding schools in Britain. Our Harrow School boarding houses are at the heart of the KKCL Summer School experience.
The students will be aged 12-17, with up to 60 beds booked for KKCL students per week. There will be evening activities running every evening and the Residential Activity Leaders will ensure these go off smoothly and are appealing to the different age ranges and nationalities in the programme.
Our Summer School opening dates are: Saturday 11th July – Wednesday 12th August 2020
HOURS OF WORK : 6 days per week
The KKCL House Parent will support the House Master in the running of the student residence at the prestigious Harrow School this summer.
The Residential Activity Leaders will support the House Master and House Parent in the delivery of the activities programme at the prestigious Harrow School boarding house this summer. Planning and leading fun activities they will work as a team to ensure the students are safe and enjoying themselves during their unique summer school experience. Residential Activity Leaders play a key role in the pastoral and leisure opportunities side to summer school.
House Parent Role - MAIN DUTIES - LEISURE AND WELFARE
- Plan and lead evening activities on a daily basis, together with the House Master.
- Be responsible for students in the residence, together with the House Master.
- Encourage full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled Activities Programme.
- Assist with the arrival welcome and induction of students.
- Pastoral duty, which includes: breakfast duty/roll call, lunch duty and dinner duty and night duty on a rota basis.
- Administrative work as required.
- Activity leading work as required.
- Assist with departures, checking bedrooms and facilities, escorting students etc.
- Work one full day per weekend, which could include activity leading, transfer duties or administrative work
House Parent Qualifications Essential:
- An undergraduate degree
- Effective communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Sense of fun!
- Experience of working in a residential summer school
- Safeguarding Level 2 qualification
- First aid / sporting qualifications
House Parent Salary and Benefits
£320 per week (including accrued holiday pay)+£10.00 per week for valid first aid certificate holder
All meals and accommodation included - We will pay for your DBS application.
Activity Leader Role
- Preparing and supervising a range of activities organised by KKCL
- Preparing and supervising various evening activities
- Promoting all activities and events effectively including on our social media
- Ensure that the students are safe at all times
- Assisting the Activity Department (based at St Dominic’s) when needed
- Supervising students at break and meal times
- Assisting in opening and closing down the centre
- Airport transfer assistance for students
- Pastoral duties including morning roll call and night duty at the residence on a rota basis with other residential staff
We offer you:
- An unforgettable experience in a young and dynamic atmosphere- An international working environment- Free entrance for all activities and excursions
Activity Leader Qualifications Essential
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Keen interest in sport, culture, sightseeing.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Able to motivate and encourage large groups of teenagers.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Responsible and flexible.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend training prior to starting work.
- Undertaking or completed an undergraduate degree
- Experience in holiday camps or in similar structures
- First-aid certificate, qualification in child supervision, swimming certificate, etc.
Activity Leader Salary and Benefits
Age 18 to 20: £280.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
Age 21 to 24: £305.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
Age 25+: £330.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
+£10.00 per week for valid first aid certificate holder
Food and accommodation included - We will pay for your DBS application