Seasonal General Assistant
FSC Malham Tarn, Settle, North Yorkshire
Up to £10.08 per hour plus benefits
37.5 hours per week / annualised / permanent.
Our core season usually runs from March until October each year.
Accommodation available during the core season.
Field Studies Council
Leading Outdoor Learning
Inspiring everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. FSC is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Typically, our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Our centre is based around a Georgian fishing lodge situated on the northern shore of Malham Tarn and is surrounded by the 147 hectare Malham Tarn National Nature reserve.
Overall Job purpose:
As an integral team player, our General Assistants will work in the kitchen, service, housekeeping and maintenance operations to ensure the centre is clean and tidy at all times. Some amount of food handling will be required as well as general housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and maintaining excellent hygiene standards.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- Holidays – pro-rata of 28 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation and food during working hours can be provided during the season on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Andrea Leng on 07704 345041.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 28 February 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Malham Tarn Field Centre – interview date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.