Seasonal Housekeeping Assistants & Catering Assistants
FSC Nettlecombe Court, near to Williton, Somerset
Hourly rate up to £10.08 plus benefits
Range of permanent flexible hours available to suit your requirements – please contact us for more details.
Our season for 2022 will commence on 14 February through to 31 October.
Field Studies Council
Leading Outdoor Learning
Inspiring everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
We have number of exciting opportunities for you to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Working at our Nettlecombe Court field centre which lies in a secluded valley at the Eastern edge of Exmoor National Park, 5 minutes from Williton.
Overall Job purpose:
As an integral team player your main purpose will be working in the kitchen, helping with food service or supporting our housekeeping operations to ensure the centre is clean and tidy at all times. Some amount of food handling will be required as well as general housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and maintaining high hygiene standards.
If your preference is to work in either housekeeping or catering, please advise at the point of application; alternatively, we can discuss this with you at interview.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- Holidays – pro-rata of 28 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews will take place at FSC Nettlecombe Court, near Williton, at a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.