With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and beverage is an integral part of their holiday. We have two restaurants, four bars, as well as weekly events and our Peli Deli to keep our guests, and our staff busy. All of which require a large amount of forward thinking and preparation behind the scenes.
We are looking for a diligent Storekeeper to take responsibility for our back of house areas ensuring they are well organised, with the correct amount of stock and supplies available to enable our front of house teams to give our guests the best service and an unforgettable Peligoni holiday.
Stock at Peligoni
Our Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: it’s the first to open, and the last to close, dispensing drinks during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. The Driftwood Bar is also host to some of our much-loved evening events which include our Peli Pub Quiz and our renowned Party Nights.
The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
Our newly transformed courtyard is a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves. By day, The Courtyard offers a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of lunch service and is a popular stop for an ice cream. By night, it makes a fantastic events space; catching the golden hour light just perfectly for a cocktail reception before our party night dinners and host to our family festival nights.
In addition to our four bars, the Storekeeper will work closely with the Peli Deli Manager to ensure the stock relationship between the main club and our offsite Deli is efficient and cost effective.
We have a number of stores back of house at the club for various stock and equipment. From cleaning chemicals to vintage wines, portable generators to club merchandise, the Storekeeper’s role is to keep these stores well organised. They will track how stock is distributed throughout the club, perform weekly stock takes, liaise with our accounts and purchasing teams to ensure par levels are met and all stock is accounted for.
Who we are looking for
This is a challenging role suited to someone who has a keen eye for detail and a good deal of experience working in food and beverage, perhaps an accomplished Bar Supervisor who is looking to expand their back of house knowledge. As well as daily physical and administrative stock tasks there will be an element of driving; assisting with our staff shuttle service when required as well as assisting with the front of house departments when needed. This is a great way to build relationships with the rest of the team and give and recommendations and guidance on how stock should be used through the club.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Work closely with the accounts and purchasing teams to ensure the correct stock is ordered and par levels are met
- Keep all back of house stores clean, well maintained and organised
- Assist in receiving deliveries
- Process delivery and stock movement information using the back of house POS system
- Liaise with the Bar Managers to restock and replenish bar supplies
- Liaise with the relevant departments to provide stock and equipment for any offsite or special events
- Complete weekly stock takes of the bars, cleaning supplies and club merchandise
- Deliver stock reports to the accounts and general management teams
- Liaise with the Peli Deli team to ensure stock requirements are met
- Spot check the bars and the Peli Deli to monitor stock movement
- Assist front of house departments when and where required
- Assist with the driving of staff between the club and their accommodation
- Maintain good relationships with purchasing companies
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, trustworthy and proactive
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Flexible and willing to learn
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Previous cash handling experience
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- Full UK/EU Driving License
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa