For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7–17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Student Services Directors and Assistant Student Services Directors for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August. Student Services Directors are responsible for managing the Houseparent team and the course administration staff to ensure high levels of service and pastoral care, organising study tours, coordinating transport and managing accommodation and catering provision at the host schools. Assistant Student Services Directors will assist in the provision of efficient and effective administration and information services to meet the needs of the programme, and in the management of student welfare.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Pastoral/welfare experience
- Team leadership/people management experience
- Proficiency in time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Office administration experience
- Counselling & interpersonal skills
- Observation and staff development experience
- Premises/facilities management experience
- Stock control experience
- Boarding house management experience
- Previous management experience on a young learner course
Salary and Benefits:
£394 - £465 per week plus £47.56/£56.13 per week statutory annual leave payment
Accommodation and meals
Outstanding facilities and resources
Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.