CHARISMATIC ACTIVITY LEADERS NEEDED FOR LANGUAGE STUDY CENTRES IN SUMMER 2019
Start your journey with LSC! At LSC, you work with cultural exchange in a fast-paced, international environment. We bring teenagers from all over the world together and help young adults to start their overseas adventure.
Are you a natural born entertainer? Do you think you can host an Olympic Games with mixed nationality groups? Would you enjoy supervising students high up in the London Eye or thrive during the hustle and bustle of leading fast paced UK excursions? If so, then LSC is waiting for you!
Do something different this summer and work as an Activity Leader with Language Study Centres. Help give hundreds of international teenage students an unforgettable holiday!
Activity Leaders are responsible for the organisation and delivery of a varied and interesting social programme for students. Of all the staff on site, Activity Leaders will be interacting with the students the most, so it’s a very important role.
Duties will include:
- Attending a training weekend in June 2019 prior to employment commencing
- Leading an entertaining and varied social programme (including everything from sports to karaoke)
- Taking groups on excursions to nearby cities and attractions
- Giving tours and providing information about the places you visit
- Knowing what to do in events of emergency and removing students from any harm
- Helping with curfews, meal times and departures and arrivals
- Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy, ensuring it is followed by others and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
This is a residential position. You will receive en-suite accommodation and full board. The role is for six days a week, and working hours will be include evenings and weekends.*
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Talbot Campus)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)*
London- University of East London (Dockland Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
Southend-on-Sea – University of Essex (Southend Campus)
St Albans – All Saints Pastoral Centre
*Accommodation will not be en-suite and include full board in Hastings
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £24.40 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
- be available to attend an assessment day in March or April
- able to attend the training weekend June 8thand 9th
- have a native level of English and legal right to work in the UK
- be available in July
- enjoy working with teenagers
- have an out-going personality and be able to work under pressure
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
- have a good knowledge of your preferred course towns
- experience of mentoring/leading Young Learners
- be interested in Arts, Sport, Music or Drama
To apply for one of these positions, you should:
Experience is always helpful but there are no formal qualifications. The main requirement is a confidence to motivate teenage students and help them to enjoy their stay.
Salary and Benefits
- The rate of pay for Activity Leaders is based on the National Minimum Wage, which changes dependant on age. The weekly rate will be between £277.98 and £388.80. (Returning staff will receive an extra £15 returning increment per week on top of their weekly rate.)
- A strong commitment to providing you with ongoing support from our Head Office
- Comfortable en suite accommodation and full board (not in Hastings)
For a full salary breakdown, please follow the link below.
Should you be successful, LSC will:
- Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required
- Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
- Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence, National ID) to keep in our records
Thank you so much for having an interest in working at LSC. Please apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. If you have questions about the job please explore our Careers Webpage to see our Job overviews and to get a better understanding or send us an email – email@example.com
Language Study Centres (LSC) is a British Council Accredited provider for English teaching in the UK. LSC has been welcoming international students to study English in the UK since the year 2000 and has since then grown and diversified to deliver programmes in the UK, Ireland and USA.