FUN, FLEXIBLE AND FOCUSSED ACTVITY MANAGERS WANTED FOR LANGUAGE STUDY CENTRES IN SUMMER 2019.
Start your journey with LSC! At LSC, you work with cultural exchange in a fast-paced, international environment. We bring teenagers from all over the world together and help young adults to start their overseas adventure.
Are you experienced in running a range of activities? Do you have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that LSC Activity Leaders are entertaining, guiding and leading the students through a variety of activities while adhering to the policies and standards set in place If the answer is yes, then you could be one of our Activity Managers in 2019.
Joining our team is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic environment and is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development while working within a passionate team. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 4 and 9 weeks.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have previously managed a team with experience of working in a summer school environment, and those who are a ready to face a challenge head-on this summer.
Activity Managers are the event planners/travel agents/sports organisers/holiday reps/activity & staff administrators of our summer language centres.
Duties will include:
- Attending the training days from June 7th-9th 2019, prior to employment commencing
- Ensuring the smooth running of the activity programme
- Organising events throughout the centre (sports tournaments, discos, quiz nights etc.)
- Organising excursions to other cities/off campus
- Managing the team of Activity Leaders
- Completion of relevant administrative duties
- Working with the Centre Manager, Director of Studies, Student Welfare Officer and Group Leaders on all issues of student welfare/behaviour
- Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy, ensuring it is followed by others and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
This is a residential position. Activity Managers will be provided with en suite accommodation at the centre and full board. The role is for six days a week and working hours will include evenings and weekends.*
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Talbot Campus)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)*
London- University of East London (Dockland Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
Southend-on-Sea – University of Essex (Southend Campus)
St Albans – All Saints Pastoral Centre
*Accommodation will not be en-suite and include full board in Hastings.
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £24.40 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Experience is always helpful but there are no formal qualifications. The main requirement is a confidence to motivate teenage students and help them to enjoy their stay.
- Be available to attend training in June
- Have native level of English and legal right to work in the UK
- Relevant experience of residential summer schools or summer camps
- Be available the most of June and the whole of July
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and able to think on their feet
- Be able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate proven organisational ability
- Be computer literate
- Hold a valid First aid qualification
- Management experience working in a residential school
- Sports Coaching qualification
Salary and Benefits
- Weekly salary is between £430 and £480 per week (this figure includes the added 12.07% holiday pay) depending on the size of your experience, size of the centre and number of students. (Returning staff will receive an extra £15 returning increment per week on top of their weekly rate if they are returning in the same role.)
- A strong commitment to providing you with ongoing support from our Head Office
- Comfortable en suite accommodation and full board
Should you be successful, LSC will:
- Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required
- Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
- Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Require tosee and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence, National ID) to keep in our records
Thank you so much for having an interest in working at LSC. Please apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. If you have questions about the job please explore our Careers Webpage to see our Job overviews to get a better understanding or send us an email.
Language Study Centres (LSC) is a British Council Accredited provider for English teaching in the UK. LSC has been welcoming international students to study English in the UK since the year 2000 and has since then grown and diversified to deliver programmes in the UK, Ireland and USA.