Summer Hotel General Hospitality
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix. There are 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round. Several positions available from now to September/October/November.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open July and August.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for hospitality together with a love of the mountains, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well has having a sense of fun! Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people from Europe.
- Housekeeping of clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms and bathrooms).
- Cleaning of public areas (including toilets) lounge, bar, games room, etc.
- Restaurant duties. Setting up the breakfast buffet, replenishing items as needed and looking after guests. Serving evening meals. Cleaning dining room at the end of each service.
- Bar service.
- Kitchen duties including washing-up.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations
- Work well within the team with a hands-on attitude to help to cover all aspects of the hotel operation, if required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we need to obtain a work permit/visa on your behalf, unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service industries.
- Good all-round general education.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language skills desirable. Fluent English.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance (if not covered by the state)
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A summer Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!