Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet between Chamonix and Megeve. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process! This opportunity could extended into the winter season.
- Housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms and bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, bar, waiting, cleaning and clearing tables.
- Kitchen duties; including washing-up.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations.
To provide reception cover as required (at least one day per week):
- Use your fluent French language skills to liaise with suppliers, booking enquires and provide general translation and interpretation services, both verbal and written.
- Manning the reception area; client check-in, answering the telephone, correspondence and general office duties.
- Manage and administer the booking system, airport transfers and departure invoices.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Respond to any general client requests such as providing local information, maintenance and housekeeping issues, restaurant reservations, onward travel and taxi transfers.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board displays and replenishment of client information literature.
- Ensure maintenance and housekeeping issues are reported.
- Liaise with suppliers, placing orders as required and checking deliveries.
- “PR Patrol” – conversing with clients to ensure good customer relations during food service.
- Work within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of a European passport (right to work in France)
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer, organisation and administration skills.
- Confident working in a pressured working environment.
- A European language in addition to French and English is desirable.
- A friendly, confident and open personality, happy communicating with all ages.
- Previous hospitality, service, catering or customer service experience is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort (from/to UK only)
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps