As a chef you will be an integral part of our overseas kitchen team, ensuring our customers’ expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. You will work closely with the head chef either in a small or large team, dependant on the resort. As a chef you will be proactively working with others ensuring service is smooth, whilst providing excellent quality food that is presented well and served in a timely fashion. Your daily routine will revolve around the delivery of an outstanding buffet breakfast with hot option, afternoon tea and 3 course (set menu) evening meal, all within an allocated budget. You will also be required to maintain hygiene standards, complete and conform to HACCP and COSHH procedures every day. On a rota basis, you will be taking deliveries and ensuring they are stored and labelled correctly, as well as monitoring stock and rotating stores to assist the head chef with weekly ordering.
- To ensure all cold store / buffet items are available and always replenished throughout each service.
- Deliver food service on time, as per advertised to our guests.
- To ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is always worn.
- Catering for specific dietary requirements as and when required.
- Assist in providing all meals (breakfast, afternoon teas and dinner) in accordance with the company set menu.
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu.
- Adopt a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and assist in compiling orders.
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly, and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure and maintain high standards of food preparation, presentation, and quality of food.
- Ensure high levels of Hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with UK and local laws.
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks and schedules and as required to assist with washing up duties.
- Take and store appropriately, food samples of all high-risk food in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Record, maintain and monitor daily HACCP records.
- Assist in all areas of the kitchen were required to always ensure the efficient running of the kitchen.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Relevant transferable experience
- Team player
- Catered for large volume previously (resort/hotel dependant, up to 66 covers each evening)
- Experience as a chef in a kitchen or chalet environment.
- Experience delivering a 3-course menu.
- Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2 Certification – links to short online courses can be provided upon request.
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts.
- Accommodation, Insurance, and visas can be provided but are optional.