Head Chef at The Moorings
The Moorings is a beach bar and café just a stone’s throw from the Stunning Braye Beach on the idyllic island of Alderney.
Our large terrace enjoys views over the turquoise waters of the bay and when the sun isn't shining the newly renovated bar is a warm and welcoming place to eat, drink and be with friends.
With its cool ‘beach-side’ vibe and live music (with Alps bands a plenty) to accompany post beach refreshments, comedy evenings and late night djs, The Moorings is a lively and much-loved place spot on Alderney. Serving stone-baked pizzas, hearty breakfasts and local produce it offers a relaxed and friendly approach to dining.
We are looking for a great natural cook with an awareness and a repertoire that would translate to a quality island restaurant.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- A passion for great food and a shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest locally sourced produce.
- An ability to demonstrate financial kitchen awareness.
- Have high standards of food hygiene and organisation.
- Be self-motivated and have the maturity and patience to assist in the growth and continuous development of the menu and pub as a whole.
- We require a great work ethic with a positive attitude and energy.
- A great team player – essential!
- A couple of years’ experience in a reputable restaurant or gastro pub would be ideal, but not essential.
- Willingness to take part in outside catering.
- Start date: October 2021
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: from £27,500
- Holiday: 25 days PA
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£35/weekly utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click Apply Now to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other positions available at our sister restaurant The Georgian House in Alderney – please see our company profile.