LOCATIONS: Greece; Vasiliki, Porto Heli & Kos
WHEN: Summer 2020
Reporting to the Resorts Operations Manager you will be responsible for the overall smooth running of the activities available in resort. As a Waterfront & Activities Manager you will be responsible for managing the team of Beach Supervisors, Watersports Instructors, Fitness instructors, Bike Guides and Child Care staff. You will occasionally, act in any of these roles in their absence if required. You will also support our customers throughout their stay, answering any queries they may have. You will ensure that practical and theory-based tuition is provided and that it adheres to RYA criteria along with guaranteeing that safety measures are in place and are followed at all times. In conjunction with the Hotel Manager you will create and provide a staff development and training program including succession planning. You will also be responsible for conducting the weekly staff meeting along with the Hotel Manager for the hotel staff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Creating a welcoming and encouraging environment for guests to learn new skills
- Organising & Attending evening social events e.g. Charity fundraisers, Welcome Meal and Send-off BBQ
- Dealing with customer complaints in resort as quickly as possible to rectify them there and then.
- Ensuring all staff are actively encouraging & promoting all guests to attend all OE social events and meal nights to promote guests staying in the hotel as well as the staff socialising in the evenings with guests.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Effective running of the entire activities program
- Overseeing the safe and successful running of the bike, fitness & children’s program
- Running a daily staff meeting with the beach supervisors before all instructors and children’s club staff to assign duties, plan teaching sessions and ensure all groups have adequate equipment levels
- Motivating all staff to deliver high standards and enjoy their work
- Responsible for the opening and set up of all beach equipment in time for lessons
- Responsible for the childcare time to be ready and prepared for their days activities.
- Ensure all necessary maintenance checks and preventative maintenance tasks are carried out weekly
- Complete Staff inductions
- Implement and complete ongoing training programs in all areas, at all levels.
- Carrying out first aid and completing accident forms as necessary
- Taking bookings for activities and upselling ‘extras’ in resort
- Using initiative to meet sales targets
- Minimum age at contract start date; 18yo
- RYA Senior Instructor (in either discipline)
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- First Aid (valid for a minimum of 6 months from posting date)
- RYA Multihull Endorsement
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Non-Planning Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
- SUP Instructor
- RYA Advanced Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Advanced Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Planning Instructor
- Competitive Salary and Package
- Family and Friends Discount
- Travel to and from the UK
- Access to Watersports Equipment