As head chef you will oversee and run every aspect of the hotel kitchen. Managing a team of chefs (size of team is dependent on property size), you will take responsibility for ensuring the preparation, delivery and service of food is completed to the highest standard within your property. It’s important the kitchen environment is kept clean, tidy, efficient and safe working environment for all, ensuring it meets our high company standards and in compliance with UK and local law. You will train, monitor and ensure all staff adhere to HCCAP best practice to ensure food and hygiene standards are exceptional.
As an Alpine elements head chef you will motivate, train and develop your team of chefs through performance management and set objectives to ensure a succession plan is implemented. You will also liaise with the catering manager and/or hotel manager to ensure appropriate placements are offered to your team in line with their development plans. As a head chef you will inspire your team to achieve and exceed our customer expectations throughout the season. At Alpine elements we look for head chefs who are talented, friendly and passionate about their role developing others.
To ensure that all guests have a brilliant holiday experience from start to endEnsure that all guests dietary requirements are considered and met.Any complaints are responded to in a timely and efficient manner in resort or accurate responses sent to the UK team upon request.Oversee all food quality that is presented to the guests are of the highest standards and served timely that meets guests expectations.
Completing weekly accounts for all areas of the hotel in set deadlines and using this information to ensure all budgets & sales targets are being met.Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where neededComplete and monitor staff rota’sSet Objectives, train, coach, develop and performance manage the kitchen teamTo develop and maintain relationships with all suppliersTo identify, initiate, market and monitor incremental sales in the HotelCatering for between 35 to 80 covers (Hotel dependent)Catering to a 4* standard, 3 course set menu.
Implementing, monitoring, and recording all HCCAP and COSHH requirementsTaking a proactive approach to stock control and ordering ensuring that expenditure remains within set budgetsTo ensure all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season
What we are looking for
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone, lead a team and be a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Experience as head chef and/or leading a small/medium sized kitchen team.
- Food Hygiene Certification
- Salary Gross £1,800 to £2100 per month. (35 hours a week variable).
- Accommodation & utilities included
- Time off: 1 day a week generally 11am to 5pm a week rota dependant
- Meals included at work (when working)
- Lift pass included (Season dependent)
- Travel/Medical Insurance package can be included
- Smart Alpine Elements Uniform