As head chef you will oversee and run every aspect of the hotel kitchen. Managing a small team (size dependent on property size), you will take responsibility for ensuring the preparation, delivery and service of food is completed to the highest standard within your property. It is important the kitchen environment is kept clean, tidy, and efficient to be a safe working environment for all, ensuring it meets our high company standards and follows UK and local law. You will train and monitor all staff to ensure they adhere to HACCP best practice, providing exceptional food and hygiene standards. As an Alpine elements head chef, you will motivate, train, and develop your team through performance management, and set objectives to ensure a successful plan is implemented. You will inspire your team to achieve and exceed our customer expectations throughout the season whilst being friendly, and passionate about your role developing others.
- To ensure that all guests have a brilliant holiday experience from the start to the finish of their holiday.
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are considered and met.
- Any complaints are responded to in a timely and efficient manner in resort, or accurate responses sent to the UK team upon request.
- Oversee all food quality that is presented to the guests are of the highest standards.
- Completing weekly accounts for all areas of the hotel in set deadlines and using this information to ensure all budgets & sales targets are being met.
- Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where needed
- With the hotel manager, complete and monitor the staff rota.
- Set objectives, train, coach, develop and performance manage the kitchen team.
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers.
- Catering for between 35 to 70 covers (Hotel dependent)
- Catering to a 4* standard, 3 course set menu.
- Implementing, monitoring, and recording all HACCP requirements
- Taking a proactive approach to stock control and ordering to ensure that expenditure remains within set budgets.
- To ensure all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season.
What we are looking for
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone, lead a team and be a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Leadership skills
- Experience as head chef and/or leading a small/medium sized kitchen team.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 Certification
- HACCP Level 2 Certification or equivalent/ higher.
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with full flexibility to be able to run your kitchen and have full control.
- Salary is competitive uniform is provided and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation is provided with the contract, assistance to obtain a visa (UK only) can be provided as optional extras.