Are you up for a Southern Hemisphere winter?
EA is the leading internship provider in New Zealand, they have been helping keen skiers and snowboarders enter the snow sports industry by providing world-class training and a guaranteed job offer once qualified.
Applications are now open for ski and snowboard instructor internships for the 2018 winter season in New Zealand.
This program is the world’s leading pathway to become a Ski or Snowboard Instructor because it includes instructor training, level 1 certifications AND your instructor Job Offer is guaranteed before leaving home. So you will be teaching by July next year!
What is an Instructor Internship Program?
An Instructor Internship is your chance to not only become a certified instructor but also start teaching at a top resort by July and be earning some $$!
What you will get:
On sign up you get:
- An Instructor Starter Kit including guides, goodies, tips, and tricks; our famous 'Guide to Becoming an Instructor' and access to our experienced staff
- A GUARANTEED offer of employment as a Ski Instructor
- Deals on flights and travel insurance (through our partnership with STA Travel)
When you arrive, you get:
- An EA Ski & Snowboard Welcome Pack & team issue clothing to ensure you look cool after the hot tub
- Optional Arrival City Orientation & group meet package
- Welcome orientation day & social events
- On hand EA Ski & Snowboard Training program manager (for the duration of the three-week training and exam program)
- Three/Four weeks shared accommodation (all facilities included!)
- 3-4 Weeks of Professional on snow level one coaching and level 1 examination costs (on arrival)
- Evening indoor technical and theory sessions
- World recognized qualification of NZSIA (Skiers) or SBINZ (snowboarders)
- Resort season lift pass
- Daily mountain transfers
- Assistance finding accommodation for the season with other participants
- Advice on equipment and Instructor discounts at selected local shops
- When the training finishes and the exam is over we throw a bon voyage & good-luck event so you get to party like the rockstar you are
When you start work you get:
- Backup safety service from EA Ski & Snowboard Training
- The opportunity to complete the level two cert, freeride course, avalanche, backcountry and more (in the Ultimate Season Program)…
EA have limited placements each year in New Zealand at world-renowned resorts, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables in Queenstown, Mt Hutt resort and our newest resort Mt Ruapehu in the North Island. Yes - We have chosen the most spectacular, snow-laden ski & ride location on Earth!
EA are looking for skiers and boarders who:
*Have a passion for skiing or snowboarding (Low-level intermediate to advanced ability welcome)
*Have a willingness to learn through training and working
*Have an interest in travel and adventure
* Are available between June 2018 and September 2018
* Have the financial support to participate
These places are filling up fast so apply today to avoid missing out.
How to find out more...
Apply today here through seasonworkers and we will contact you with some of the latest information you should know before you do any winter season.
DONT MISS OUT! These final places will fill up fast – so grab one of these last places and fast track your instructing dreams.
Here's a word from past intern Bryce Wilson ..
“Halfway through my very first lesson I noticed that my guest were all smiling and enjoying their experience from not knowing how to get into their skis to making perfect wedge turns down the beginner hill. It was such an awesome feeling knowing all the hard work you had put in over the past weeks just paid off in that one-hour lesson by a smile and a thank you.
After the first lesson, every lesson went fast, and by the end of the week each lesson got better and better from my teaching style to being able to fix their skiing ability. Seeing the change in each guests skiing was one of the best feelings knowing that you helped them have a positive experience that they will talk about to other people. Just like that, the first week is under your skis, and your finally doing your dream job as a ski instructor at Mt. Hutt!“