If you are interested in beginning an engineering career on small vessels or on superyachts, this course is a great starting point. Our Engineering Crew Training course has been designed to meet the largest skills shortage gap in the maritime industry and will provide you with the training you need to enter the superyacht industry via an engineering route. This programme is also the perfect pathway for experienced and new crew who want to work on small vessels in an engineering capacity.
Although this training is suitable for new crew members, some hands on experience in specific engineering employment is desirable as is a high level of professionalism and maturity.
- 5-week course
- Expert tuition
- Common workshop practices and repair methods
- Deck work, look-out and watch duties, tender duties, and safety procedures
- Vessel care including maintenance, basic repairs, and day-to-day cleaning
- STWC safety training
- Purpose built classrooms and skills workshops all on one site
- Food and accommodation included
- UKSA Superyacht Crew Training Certificate
- MCA AEC1
- MCA AEC2
- MCA Workshop Skills Training
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- Mental Health for Seafarers
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Tender Operator
- RYA Personal Watercraft Proficiency
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
As a charity, we often have funding opportunities available for many of our students.
Attend an open day to learn more about our courses, meet our team, see our campus facilities and get a feel for what life as a future UKSA student will be like!
Find out more
Call our dedicated course advisors on +44(0)1983 203038 or visit https://uksa.org/course/professional-training/superyachts/engineering-crew-training-course/