Year 1 & 2 – NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity Outdoor Pathway
UKSA's two-year, fully funded Maritime Advanced NCFE programme is an ideal alternative to school or sixth form college for 16-18-year-olds looking to escape the traditional classroom and gain valuable work-related experience. The course is aimed at those who have a passion for watersports and outdoor education and provides in-depth knowledge of the sports and outdoor industries. Students learn about the principles and practices of the outdoor adventurous industry, environmental impact and sustainability, personal and professional development, and career planning.
Several weeks will be dedicated to work experience on different sites and in unfamiliar environments. This is intended to broaden understanding and experiences while providing opportunities for networking. On completion of the programme students will be ready to work in employment within the vast sectors of sport and outdoor industries or can train further to enter higher education at degree level (through accumulated UCAS points).
- 16-18 years
- Minimum of five Grade 4 and above GCSEs including English and Maths
- An interest in the maritime industry, outdoor education or watersports
- Successful interview at UKSA
- 2-year programme – 4 days a week minimum attendance
- Study programmes ran in conjunction with the Isle of Wight College
- Gain and develop essential skills valued by employers
- Further career progression opportunities within the maritime sector
- Industry knowledge and guidance, CV development and covering letters
- Practical learning in a maritime centre of excellence
- While on site take advantage of UKSA’s indoor heated swimming pool, gym and study areas
This course is fully funded as part of a full-time 16-18 year-old further education (FE) programme.
Find out more
Call our dedicated course advisors on +44(0)1983 203038 or visit