Looking to launch a career in luxury hospitality within the maritime industry? Our 5-week Superyacht Hospitality Training course provides aspiring yacht stewards and stewardesses with the skills needed to excel on-board luxury superyachts.
Our all-inclusive course will equip you with the expertise required to deliver exceptional levels of service and attention to detail expected onboard 7-star luxury vessels. You will train in our unique superyacht training centre which includes a fully equipped cabin, dining room, superyacht galley and laundry room, giving you a comprehensive superyacht simulation experience.
UKSA’s new enhanced training programme has been designed by a team of maritime experts who have responded to the industry’s need to recruit entry level interior crew with a much higher level of expertise and qualifications. Our aim is for you to leave the course, brimming with confidence and the skills to step aboard your first superyacht with the right attitude and skillset to succeed.
- 5 week course
- Expert tuition
- Purpose built training centre and classrooms all on one site
- Food and accommodation included
- Introduction to the interior department and role of an interior crew member
- 5 Golden Pillars of service excellence
- Yacht concierge professional excellence including setting a formal/informal table, in cabin dinning service essentials, meet and departure essentials, deportment essentials, silver service and fileting
- Personal presentation, etiquette, and protocol
- Basic professional housekeeping and attention to detail
- Table management, placement and setting
- Styles of service, order and steps of service
- Introduction to food and beverage service on board a yacht
- Flower arranging and presentation
- Cocktail and canape preparation
- Basic professional laundry procedures and laundry duties
- Health and safety onboard
- Appreciation of crew dynamics and life onboard
- Understanding of the high standards required
- Knots and yachts
- Deck training
- Basic sail training
Delivered by UKSA’s experience superyacht instructor team the course has been developed to align with the reputable IAMI GUEST programme.
- UKSA Superyacht Hospitality Training Certificate
- 5 Golden Pillars of Service Excellence – The British Butler Institute
- GUEST Yacht Interior Introduction module
- GUEST Basic Food service module
- GUEST Wine, Bartending, and Mixology module
- Foundation Food Safety Certificate
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety / Food Hygiene
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA Personal Watercraft
- Mental Health for Seafarers
As a charity, we often have funding opportunities available for many of our students.
Attend an open day to learn more about our courses, meet our team, see our campus facilities and get a feel for what life as a future UKSA student will be like!
Find out more:
Call our dedicated course advisors on +44(0)1983 203038 or visit https://uksa.org/course/professional-training/superyachts/superyacht-stewardess-steward-course/