The Neilson Academy delivered by UKSA
We have teamed with the UKSA (United Kingdom Sailing Academy) to create a bespoke part-funded, high-quality water sports instructor training course. Here you will find out more information about Neilson's exciting partnership with the UKSA and how to apply.
About the Course
UKSA (United Kingdom Sailing Academy) offer the very best professional maritime training courses and youth development programmes to help young people transform their lives for the better.
With a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet the demands of the popular and growing activity holiday industry, we have teamed up with UKSA to find the right people for the job, deliver the highest quality training and remove the financial barriers faced by many wanting to break into the industry.
In 2019, 24 places are being offered, giving individuals the chance to become a dinghy sailing and windsurfing instructor over the ten-week course.
Upon successful completion of the scheme, you are guaranteed a job at one of our stunning beach resorts in Greece, Spain, Sardinia or Croatia for a minimum of 2 seasons. You will have plenty of opportunities to progress within the business and to build a great career.
Top 3 reasons to train with UKSA & Neilson Active Holidays
- Top quality instructors
- All inclusive, allowing you to concentrate on your studies
- Unrivalled guidance, teaching and a unique link between the UKSA and Neilson Active Holidays
So what’s included in the Price?
- Food & accommodation
- All your equipment
- 2 summer seasons of guaranteed employment on completion of your training course
You will need to be aged 18+ and have:
- Previous recreation watersports experience (minimum one week’s recent dinghy or windsurfing experience – any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first)
- A desire to pursue a career in the Watersports Industry, working in a beachside location
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality
- Previous professional watersports or customer service experience is a bonus
The course qualifications you will gain
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Intermediate Windsurf Instructor (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurf Instructor (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
Booking your place - Please read details below:
To ensure that this is the right course for you, please speak with our UKSA expert course advisors. If you want to start your training earlier, please consider UKSA Watersports Instructor Training.
Please call the UKSA directly on +44 (0) 1983 203038
or email: email@example.com to discuss your options
or contact Claire through Facebook on ClaireUksa.