Rockley are excited to be offering a brand new opportunity for motivated, outgoing individulals to take on Activity Instructor roles at their brand new outdoor Activity Centre based in Dorset. Based in the beautiful Purbeck region of Dorset, this brand new centre boasts 96 acres of counrtyside, woodland and even its own lake. This provides an incredible environment for us to offer a variety of camping options, a wide range of programmes catering for all kinds of groups, there is most certianly something for everyone.
Our Activity Instructors provide high quality instruction, in a variety of activities, to our clients. Whether it be a school group, uniformed group or one of our family campers, as part of the delivery team they are at heart of the centre providing safe and fun tuition for our wide client base. The role also includes working alongside the support team maintaining the site and care of the equipment.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Delivery of courses and activities
- Provide a high standard Provide a high standard of instruction to all students within the group.
- Instruct a variety of activities under the supervision of the Assistant Centre Manager & Centre Seniors.
- Deliver some evening entertainment activities as directed by the Centre Manager / Assistant Centre Manager & Centre Seniors.
Standrads of the activities delivered
- Deliver all activities, in line with the standards required in the Company’s standard operating procedures and local operating procedures.
Saftey of clients and our team onsite, during activities
- As directed by the Centre Manager and team, ensure that clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
- Adhere to feedback from ongoing monitoring and evaluation given by superiors.
Centre equipment and maintenance
- As directed by the Assistant Centre Manager or Centre Seniors carry out equipment checks; ensure any faulty/damaged equipment is repaired or reported for repair.
General centre duties
- General centre duties such as assisting in the kitchen, cleaning tents and ablution blocks, night duty and supervising wash-up area after meals.
- As directed by the Centre Manager, Assistant Centre Manager or Land Supervisor, assist in general land duties on a rotational basis.
Accommodation & food can be included. Due to the nature of the role should you wish to live onsite you will have to provide you own trasport and be aware you may need to stay onsite on a rota basis.
- Current First Aid certificate
- ERCA High Ropes Instructor and/or BC Paddlesport Award
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible & professional manner
- ERCA Generic Rescuer
- Archery GB Instructor Award
- Full driving licence
- Experience working with young people
- Experience working in an acticity centre environment
- Experience in customer service.