Study Group prepares students for life in a global society and success in a global economy. We educate students from every corner of the globe enabling them to realise their potential through a transformational learning experience.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE ACTIVITY LEADER / LIFEGUARD?
Activity Leaders are at the forefront of the student experience by delivering high class activities and excursions, ensuring excellence in delivery and student welfare.
Key Responsibilities (Lifeguard):
Up to 3.3 meters
- Supervising swimmers
- Spotting hazards and preventing accidents
- Giving advice on water safety
- Controlling unruly behaviour
- Water rescue
- First aid including CPR
Key Responsibilities (Activity Leader):
- To follow rules and procedures as outlined by host institution/facility
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Ensure the activities and excursions operates to the highest standards of relevant Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
- Manage and instruct during onsite activities sessions
- Manage and lead offsite excursions which enable the development of students’ Life Skills
- Maximise student satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
Specific duties include
- To lead, supervise, motivate & engage students on activities and trips
- To enthusiastically promote the Activity Programme
- To ensure adequate preparation & set up for on/offsite activities
- To prepare, plan & lead students on excursions
- To maintain levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- To assist in day to day general duties as instructed by senior management
- To work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision as requested by the Centre Manager
- To help manage and maintain activity stock, which will include lifting of equipment