Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare afternoon activities and evening events on campus
- Requirement to participate and, in some cases, lead on a wide range of activities from dodgeball, football and rounders, to arts and crafts, team games and nature walks.
- You will be given the chance to be creative, bringing new ideas you have and implementing these into the activity schedule.
- Be a positive role model for the students, providing a supportive and encouraging environment for each student to develop friendships and spoken English confidence
- Lead groups of students on excursions, following the pre-planned itinerary.
- Ensure that the students are always safe during an activity or on an excursion.
- This role is residential and therefore a bedroom and 3 meals per day are included.
- All Samiad staff are responsible for the welfare and enjoyment of the students on campus. As part of your role, you will be jointly responsible for a small number of students in the boarding house and required to report any welfare issues to the specified House Parent on duty.
- Support your House Parent when doing the allocated day’s house duty. This will including wake-up, supervising students to, from and while in the houses, and also maintaining a welcoming and positive atmosphere in the boarding houses.
- Help with transfers of students to and from the airport if needed.
- Help with arrivals and departures of students to campus
- Actively supervise and interact with students during meal and break times.
- Always respond to the needs of students and Group Leaders, prioritising the safety and welfare of student.
- Empower students to successfully engage in their programme, while helping to develop independence, confidence, and social skills.
- Be an outgoing, fun, and friendly face for the students to come too.
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements
- No formal qualifications required
- DBS checks will be carried out
- Experience working with groups of children is helpful, but not required
- Coaching qualifications are helpful, but not required
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality is essential
- Good communicator
- Active and strong knowledge of games, activities, and sports
Must have the right to work in the UK
Hours of work
Activity Leaders will work 2 out of the 3 sessions each day. These sessions are spent leading the activity programme, planning and preparing activities, or on general duties. Outside of scheduled sessions, staff are responsible for attending any necessary meetings and always ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our students. As part of the weekly pastoral duties, Activity Leaders will also perform house duties twice per week, assisting their House Parent in the boarding houses.
All Activity Leaders will receive one full day off, and an evening off per week.