Rockley are excited to be offering a brand new opportunity for a motivated, outgoing, leader to take on the Assistant Centre Manager role at their brand new outdoor centre based in Dorset. Based in the beautiful Purbeck region of Dorset this brand new centre boasts 96 acres of counrtyside, woodland and even its own lake. This provides an incredible environment for us to offer a variety of activities and camping options, a wide range of programmes catering for all kinds of groups, there is most certianly something for everyone.
The role of the Assistant Manager is to support the Centre Manager in overseeing all aspects of the centre. They will assist in providing our clients with a safe, enjoyable and high quality residential experience. This Assistant Manager will be the first point of contact to deputise in the absence of the Centre Manager.
Key Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Management of the Centre Team
- Provide high quality, organised customer service to all out clients.
- Maintain the standards outlined in the company's standard and local operating procedures.
- Ensure the teams attitude to work, personal presentation,and customer service is in line with the company ethos.
- Liaise with the Centre Manager to ensure good management of the Centre team and provides a safe, well organised, motivated and happy environment for clients and team alike.
Standards of the activities delivered
- Provide overall supervision of all the Centres activities.Working closely with the Centre Manager and Senior staff.
Safety of clients and our team onsite including during activities
- Ensure clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
- Make sure staff are monitored and evaluated at regular intervals.
- Ensure staff undergo appropriate inductions, centre orientation and training for their role including reading and inderstanding the accident, incident and fire procedure document.
- Ensure staff have undergone the appropriate induction, centre orientation and training for their role including reading and understanding the SOP's, LOPS, incidnet and fire procedure documents.
- Ensure that all administrative and official duties are completed correctly and filled in the corrct place.
- Keep accounts, reportsm orders, weekly schedules and personnel documents are upto date.
- Staff programming of the week ahead. Clients and supplier relations.
- Ensure food relationships with the campsite and French suppliers aswell as providing a high level of customer service to out clients.
Deputising for the Centre Manager
- Running of the centre in the absence of the Centre Manager & care taker role in absence of the Manager in hours off.
- First Aid Certificate
- ECRA High Ropes Instructor and / or BC Paddlesport Award
- Experience working in a team.
- Minimum of one season working in a supervisory position.
- Ability to motivate.
- Good communicator.
- Good customer service.
- ERCA Generic Rescuer
- BC Sheltered water coach
- Archery GB Instructor award
- PPE Inspector Course.
- Full UK DL.
- Experience mentoring and developing staff.
- Experience working with volunteers.
FULL TRAINING CAN BE GIVEN FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE